Friday, March 27, 2009

Sewing #1, #2 and #3

This has been a sewing month.  I wish I had my own sewing machine (correction: I wish I had my Mom's sewing machine because it's the only one I know how to use), but when she isn't using it she kindly lets me take it home and sew away.  Then I end up taking it back to her house so she can fix all of my mistakes, but hey, that's beside the point.  I hated to sew when I was younger, but I did it and made my mom's life miserable.  Now I actually enjoy it, so I guess all of that whining paid off in the end.  (Thanks, Mom.)  


Sewing project #1: Olivia's blanket 
We had a new niece born this month, Olivia Kate.  So cute.  Since she is girl #3 in her family (and I am girl #3 in my family), I decided I would make her a blanket.  Here are some finished pictures of it:



Sewing Project #2: Living Room Curtains
We've had these vinyl blinds in our living room since we moved in.  They worked, for the most part, but they had this weird fabric stuff over them that really looked like it belonged in a Holiday Inn.  So when I found this fabric I couldn't resist.  This was just a day project, but I think they turned out nice.  AND I didn't need my mom's help!  This is the only window in our living room, so they needed some dressing up.  Now I just need some patio furniture on our balcony.


Sewing Project #3: Derek's Quilt
So my big project is to sew Derek a quilt for his "big boy" bed.  I haven't started this one yet, but I need to finish it soon.  I had all of these plans to do it the past few days but oh well.  Here are the fabrics that Leslie helped me pick out.  Looks cute, huh?  Can you tell I'm into robin egg blue and dark brown?  Anyway, wish me luck!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Ooohh! I really like the new blog layout and Derek's picture! The curtains are REALLY cute and I am sure that Olivia is loving her blanket! You are a better sewer than I am, that's for sure. Nice job Nan!

Jillian said...

I'm in love with how you did your sewing #1 project. Absolutely adorable. Very impressed with all of this. Way to be!

Jessica Gonzalez said...

I LOVE the curtains and the blanket!!! How fun! I can't wait to see Derek's quilt!

Ginna said...

nice work! You're better than me. I still just whine and whine to my mom to help me. Maybe I should come take some lessons from you!!

Diane said...

Oh Nanner Bananner, you are AMAZING!!! These are so awesome! I can't wait to see the curtains in person. And for the record, I don't remember you whining about sewing - you just never wanted to do it! I'm so glad you are excited about it now. We just needed to find the right projects for you to really get into it! And you've definitely found some awesome projects!

Love, Mom : )

the Danosaur said...

So can I just say that I'm really impressed!?

Leslie said...

Q asked about the curtains yesterday and I told him you got them with the table. I had no idea. Good job!

Melanie said...

Love the fabric for Derek's quilt! So cute. And the curtains! So fun!!