Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Derek's Little Girlfriend

Our good friends Mike and Claire had their baby girl today.  They named her Abby Claire (cute, huh?)  We're so excited!


Mike (everyone calls him Michael now) and I grew up together in Michigan.  We have been very good friends since then.  We both served missions in Brazil and we both had our internships in Los Angeles in 2006.  We are very happy to say that they aren't sick of us yet since we still love hanging out with them.  You can imagine how happy we are for them that they have a new addition to the family.  Congrats guys!  We love ya!

A Dad?

Here is a picture of Mike and Abby hanging out. Mike likes to play a hiding game with his wedding ring with Derek. Nancy was joking around that in this picture she is already eyeing his ring down so that she can start playing too.

(Nancy's note:) We hope that Claire continues to feel well and they get some well-deserved sleep tonight.  Congrats, again.  Michael Phelps should share a gold medal with Abby for one-day-old-cuteness. 

Here are some pics from the past:
Canoes in August

We went to Disneyland together when our internships ended. Mine with Disney, Mike's with Boeing.  Claire's bro, Adam, and sis-in-law, Lindsay, came along.

Visit Bryce at Work

This was when I gave Mike and Claire the studio tour at Disney in Summer 2006.

Mike & Bryce in Rio

This is us in Brazil with Mike's parents.  This was taken near the São Conrado neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro.

Everyone please remember, this was taken shortly after my Amoeba. Okay, so marriage and "the real world" have allowed to me gain a few pounds.  

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I think I need one of those ameobas. But ten you get one and you don't really think so... So I guess it's back to walking and not eating 3 pieces of quiche

K said...

Cute babie-o.

And yeah. I'm with les. I want one, too. Even when I don't eat the quiche I inflate.

Sigh