Tuesday, August 12, 2008

too many things

So our new condo has those vaulted ceiling shelves in the living room and master bedroom.  You know, the place where people put all of their cool things?  Well, this is the first time that we have lived in a place that has such a thing.  So despite the fact that we filled up a 25-foot truck when we moved, I feel like I must be on the hunt for anything to fill up this space.  


As I was a searchin', I found this cool thing on Pottery Barn.  Seriously, I think it is totally cool. 
It's on sale for $59.99, a bargain since it was $129.  Would this be the perfect addition to my covered-space-craving-shelf?  Oh yes.  My little hunting eye will have to keep checking back.

The bummer, you ask?  I was googling around to see what other kind of similar contraptions I could find and I came across someone's opinion about "what lame thing will Pottery Barn think of next" in regards to my new feathered friend.  Please, just tell me that my taste isn't crazy because I like birds in wire form.

And to Jessica, who is terrified by feathered friends, I will put it away when you come to visit.  When is that, anyway?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I deal. You pass.

Find a red clear glass vase? or go for Dept 56. I proably have some to share....

Ginna said...

I think it's cool too. You're not lame. The only thing is, when you move and don't have that space anymore you'll be at a loss. It's happened to me before. But if you love it for a while, who cares!

Melanie said...

The bird is totally cool! Love it.

Heidi said...

Nan! I want one! Very cool for sure. It's definately not cute, just cool!

heather said...

I say go for it.

K said...

I think the bird is quite magnificent, thank you!!