Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Florida? Really? Really.

Yes. It's true.

We finally are going to make it to visit Mike & Heidi in Florida.

Dani (Dunaway) Rowan told us about this site called AirFareWatchDog.com. They have unbelievably awesome fares. I set up my RSS Feed reader in my MAC OS X Mail program to download them whenever a new one is released. Lately they have been sending me some great fares ($100 RT to Detriot, $180 RT to Rhode Island, etc.) and then we got one for $160 RT to Tampa from SLC. So we talked to Mike and Heidi and made our trip. WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA!!! In the middle of February! Goodbye to the snow, HELLO to the beach!

We have a lot we want to do and we will be there for 8 days total. An old boss of mine at Disney Studios got us some tickets to Disney World too... and so we want some advice about that and Florida in general. Of course Mike and Heidi will plan days because we want to see where they live, go to the beach, eat where they like to, and all that. But we have never been before (I do not count my 4 hour layover in Miami coming home from Rio de Janeiro as a real visit, though it was amazing to be back in the USA again.) We need some advice on what to do or see, especially at Disney World. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Jessica Gonzalez said...

Don't miss the Animal Kingdom! Make sure you go on the safari, it was the highlight of my trip the last time I went! My only other advice for Disney World, that I've heard from several people, is that while Epcot Center is cool...it's not nearly as cool as the other parks. I would see everything else first, and then fit Epcot Center in at the end.

I must try this new web site! The fares sound amazing and I'm dying for a vacation...yes I just had one in June, but it's been about four months too long since that one!

the Danosaur said...

Wow, I wish I could give you some more advice, but it looks like I've already paid my dues in that department. Happy vacationing in the world of mild winter!

Ginna said...

So so fun.
You should think about maybe getting the disney dining plan. We liked it last time, and I guess we can let you know how it goes for us in a couple of weeks here!

And I disagree with an earlier comment (respectfully of course!) I love love Epcot, and so did Max. Soarin' is there, and Nemo stuff, and they have all of the different countries with their restarunts and shops and stuff.
I actually found MGM to be the least interesting park, although there's plenty of fun stuff there too.
You're going to have so much fun!