Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Red Dyson = Love

My friend was asking what kind of vacuum to buy on Facebook with a $300 budget. I raved about my Dyson and felt like I needed to post it on some forum or something. Then I remembered I have a blog and can post my opinions to it whenever I want... and I haven't done so in quite some time... Anyway, the post:


My Dyson is seriously one of my ultimate, TOTALLY worth it purchases. I love it - especially how unbelievably satisfying it is to vacuum and see how much stuff you pull up. The cord is long, the bag-less feature is easy to use, you can switch it to a canister-type style (for hard floors) with an attachment, the hose is like 17 feet long, there is a lifetime filter, 5 year warranty, it is light and it hasn't ever given me a problem.

The best way to get a deal on a Dyson is search online for a store front that has a sale going on -- then take it to Bed Bath and Beyond to price match. My sister got her $500 version (DC 24) for $320! But there is usually a good one with attachments and an extra filter at Costco. I actually sold some extra attachments mine came with on eBay for $10-$20 too... but they do have some pretty cool attachments I love...

Mine is the regular (DC 07) version, but I am jealous of the new(er) Ball addition and the quick-draw hose feature.

I have heard mixed reviews from other people of the Dyson, but I have been nothing but totally satisfied (OBVIOUSLY!) I threw my $150 Dirt Devil away after 18 months with a newer $30 filter. What a waste!

1 comments:

K said...

I use a Simplicity and have for decades, trading up along the way. I think mine has been swell, but it costs a lot to maintain, if you bother to maintain it. Vacuums have been the horse trading of our generations and our parents' (my parents'). I'm liking hearing a personal testimonial.