Monday, February 16, 2009

Derek meets the Little Einsteins

Derek loves the Little Einsteins.

While we were at Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios on February 6, Derek got to meet them. Derek can't go on the larger rides so while Mike, Heidi, and Nancy were on Rockin' Roller Coaster, Derek and I headed over to see who we could meet.



I was by myself, of course, and I had a lot in the stroller to take with me so it wouldn't get stolen. Derek saw the characters and got really excited. I let him out of the stroller and tried to hurry as fast as I could to grab the cameras, the irreplaceable, and etc.

Derek was too fast for me though. When I looked up, he had already cut the line and gone to give June and Quincy high-fives. I felt bad when I had to come get him out of the front. I felt bad for the parents he had cut, there were about 8 kids with their parents in the line in front of him. I felt bad for Derek because he was living a fantasy. Everyone was nice about it though. They told me Derek was cute with them. So that made it better.

As we got into the line, Quincy and June left and Leo and Annie came in. Derek gave them high-fives as they walked by and then waited in line. In this picture you can see he gave them a hug all on his own. He didn't do that with anyone else, not even Mickey or Buzz & Woody.



He had a great time with them. And we just love Derek.


3 comments:

K said...

It's so scary when they get away from you, especially in a crowd. At least he had a target, and you could figure out which way he'd gone. Cameras aren't as important as the kid, of course. We should just chip them all and go around with a GPS reader all the time.

Sigh.

Gaskin Girl said...

Oh, he's SOOO cute! I just love his haircut! :) What good parents you are to take such good care of Derek! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Lilly and Maggie talk about it ALLLLLLLLL the time!

Heidi said...

There you go again K, taking a nice little cute story and turning it into something scary and terrible. How do you sleep at night and what other crazy twisted things are you thinking about? Why don't you make a positive comment once in a while?
Derek, you are so cute and I had so much fun hanging out with you! I'm glad that you could come and visit! We'll see you soon!