Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Free PlayStation 3

Yes. It worked. I am now enjoying a free Playstation 3.

The whole thing worked out. I got eight people to sign up for an offer each (most of them free offers like a credit report or a low cost trail of GameFly or Netflix) and after the system processed the order, I got my PS3 in about four days. I signed up around December 9th and started a Blockbuster free trial.

I got a few relatives and friends to sign up for some offers, mostly Blockbuster. This is where we hit a problem though and I started to get discouraged. Blockbuster offers never processed and I gave up. I had eight people sign up and about half of them signed up for Blockbuster. I never heard anything back and I figured I would just stop.

I changed my mind when I did a free credit report instead. That offer processed immediately. Then Jared Moench did a trial of GameFly and I got excited about it again. I got the rest of my friends (and Aunt Whitney!) to sign up for credit reports and GameFly because I knew those worked.

I had my PlayStation 3 by January 30. It is awesome. That's a $400 machine for free!

Now I am working on a Wii and I am 20% there. I completed my offer and now I need five more people to sign up. I would recommend Netflix, GameFly, or a credit report with "Credit Check Total."
Thanks for helping me out everyone!

1 comments:

K said...

Here's a thing, though - I'm not sure that signing up with a generic credit report service is all that safe. And I am left with that old warning - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. They can't be giving away a $400 unit for nothing - so somebody is going to end up paying for it in the end. With the credit report thing, I worry that it's the people who have forked over their information. I'd feel better about an actual service like Netflicks or Blockbuster.