Wednesday, June 4, 2008

J-J-JJJJ-ennifer

Let me interrupt what seems to be a chronological sequence of trip events for some fun Jennifer sayings.  She and her innocent humor are staying with us for a few days.  I almost died choking on my dinner tonight because I was laughing so hard.  Here is that story and a few more.


A Chipper
A short backstory: the Randle family has gone through 3 hamsters in the 7 years I have known them, the first was Clay's and they named him Chipper.  We're now on to Chipper the hamster #3.

Jennifer asked how many hamsters she has in heaven.  We explained one, but Clay, her older brother, "had a hamster named Chipper too" that she could probably claim.  She looked at me, a little distraught, and said, "My Chipper is number one."  

Two rights or three lefts?
Jennifer wanted to know which park we were going to -- right or left?  Bryce answered, "Left," and Jennifer responded, "Okay. Which one is left?"

She asked me, with her hands making Ls with her pointer and thumb, "Which one is the right L?"

Mopping up your distress
Another backstory: we moved last week.  Or two weeks ago. Or something. My house is a disaster planet. We're doing long days to try and get our lives back together.

Jennifer: "When are you going to mop the floors?"
Me: "I don't know. I think it's pretty low on my list of things to do.  Why?"
Jennifer: "Because they're pretty dirty."

We are watching her for another day, plus for another week soon, so I will have to keep a pen and paper handy.

Wow, I just had to rewrite the word "handy" about six times to not get a typo.  I have six minutes to be in bed before bedtime. Gotta split.

3 comments:

Ginna said...

cute! that's fun youguys get to spend some time with her!

Leslie said...

She wants to do windows and mop. She was beggin me on Sunday. I think I told her she could do extra chores for money. She wants to buy a "code dog." (Webkins) So I think she was trying to ask for moeny chores.

K said...

I thought the house looked great. You must have done what she suggested, cause I didn't notice any particular filth anywhere. I love the red details.