Sunday, January 20, 2008

Best Burger in UT County

Now some of you read the title and go "Burgers Supreme." Well, that isn't what today's entry is about. Before reading one should know that I hold In n Out burger in highest regards. It is my favorite burger. 

Burgers Supreme is no longer a favorite of mine. As of late, the burgers have been done too well, messy, the fries are overcooked, the time it takes to get a burger is a little longer than it has been in the past. I will eat there on occasion, but it isn't what it used to be.
Chadders had a lot of hype around it. It was the In N Out copy. I went to it. The fries taste just like In n out, but I don't really love the fries. 
My uncle just suggested that Apollo is the answer or crown burger. No, it isn't that simple.

The best cheeseburger, in my opinion, is from Taco Amigo. They have great sauce, it's fast, but not too fast. They have wonderful fries and the fry sauce is great. We were ultimately introduced to Taco Amigo by Katie (Smith) Morgan. Katie worked at Taco Amigo in high school while I worked at Taco Bell. We got our food handler permits together. That was the extent of our relationship. Katie introduced me to the Taco Amigo burgers. Wow. The funny thing is we talked to Katie about our love of the "Amigo" at our high school reunion and her husband hates it. Whoa! I couldn't believe it. 

Don't let the name fool you. It says Taco, but the burgers are great. I recommend the double cheeseburger meal (it's not on the menu, but ask for it) because the only bad part is that the meat is a little thing. So have a great time and let me know what you think. 




http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=taco+amigo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#

4 comments:

ScottB said...

I'll have to verify and get back to you. This sounds close to what I experienced for Tacos growing up.

The best place in Chatsworth/Northridge, CA for tacos wasn't some local Mexican restaurant. It was Jack In The Box. Something about the flavor just kept me coming back (maybe MSG in those days!?).

Well now, Tito's Tacos, Pipes Cafe, Pedro's Tacos, Tommy's Original In N Out and Fat Burger top my list of best fast food in So. Cal. Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q for anything BBQ in Texas. Fukada Japanese Restaurant for Japanese food in Irvine. Haru Ramen for Japanese ramen in No. Cal :D

I'm hungry now...

Thanks for the lead! This should be fun!

katers said...

I can't tell you how excited I was to read that post! I know it's a bit ridiculous that I still love to eat at a fast food place that I worked at for three years.....but doesn't that just prove how good it is? The funny thing is...I've noticed that most people love it, like me, or hate it, like my husband. I haven't met too many in-betweeners. Anyway, thanks for the post. It warmed my heart. :)

Bryce said...

Katie, most of the reason I wrote this entry was because I found out you actually read the blog. So here's to you...

Ginna said...

hmmmm. Sounds fishy. I don't trust you. I'll have to see for myself, and who knows when the next time I'll be in UT is! You did succeed in making me hungry for Burgers Supreme though, thanks a lot.