Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm an obsessive mother


So my mother-in-law and my three sisters will agree with this statement: the best place (in the ENTIRE world) to buy children's clothing is Gymboree. By far. Totally. No questions asked.

But perhaps you do have a question: why? And with that question, oh! there are so many reasons. First (and most importantly) they are unbelievably cute. Second, the quality is awesome (something every mother would agree to after scrubbing clothes for oh, twelve seconds). Third, they have awesome deals. You might think that Gymboree is expensive, but that is not the case. There are always sales and Gymbucks. Oh, Gymbucks. Let me explain further.

There is an earning period -- for a month or so -- where you can earn $25 of Gymbucks for every $50 you spend. The earning is endless. Then, during the redemption period -- for a week or so -- you get $25 off your purchase of $50 or more with however many Gymbucks you earned. Totally freakin' awesome.

Anyway, I love Gymboree. Derek's entire wardrobe is provided by them and I am quite the obsessive mother when it comes to his outfits. But the real reason I am explaining all of this to you is because of my current online order that I hope to receive. I have the UPS tracking number and it should be here tomorrow... but I'm worried about it because it's like 15 degrees outside.

I was driving yesterday in the Utah snowstorm with the heater blasting and my fingers about to fall off. I'd been in the car like 20 minutes and I was still near frost-bite. But then a UPS man pulled up next to me. WITH HIS DOOR OPEN. We were on University Parkway! Going like 40 MPH! Will someone please explain to me how (on earth!) I am going to get my child's next wardrobe pieces when the UPS man is going to start losing limbs? I worry about these people. The convenience of having the door open surely outweighs the consequences. That is a mystery to me.

I'm not honestly worried about my Gymboree clothes. But I am excited to try them on Derek.

3 comments:

Bryce said...

This just shows how much time we spend together lately, Nan. You didn't tell me this story. I read it on our blog. Wow.

Ginna said...

You know, I get worried about those UPS crazies too sometimes, and I can picture my precious ordered items flying out into the snow, never to be found again.
Gymboree is very cute, although I'm a baby gapper myself.

Sterling said...

Was he wearing those oh so cute UPS shorts? I have a bone to pick with UPS as of late.