Thursday, January 17, 2008

My brother, the ewok


Well, Clay isn't really an ewok (or a jawa for that matter), but I thought it would call him that to show that he will always be my younger brother who could somehow never get past the fact that Star Wars isn't real. I guess it sounds like I am writing an obituary. 

I truly miss Clay a lot. For those of you who don't know, he is in Curitiba Brazil on a mission for the LDS Church. He is about 500 miles from where I served in Rio de Janeiro. I have a hard time writing Clay consistently although I do write him an e-mail once a week. He is in Foz da Iguacu in Brazil. Look at how beautiful it is there. 
You know what has been hard? Going back to my parents and having the gap of no Clay there. Maybe I just like the idea of Clay and once Clay gets home and decides to throw a temper tantrum at the San Diego Zoo because he can't have his iPod (that may have to be another entry), I will remember why in September of 06 I was excited for him to go. 
Kidding, really. Clay wants me to go pick him up. I will probably do so and I need to research into prices soon because the sooner I book the flight to Brazil, the better. 
Só vai...

4 comments:

Ginna said...

So I'm dumb, but remind me when he's done with his mission? I got a letter from him, but then when I tried to send him a christmas card it came back to me--no pouch! Oh, I think I told you that already.
Anyway, it'll be fun for you to have him back, and really fun if you go and pick him up.

katers said...

I love your blog! You guys have such a cute little family. It's fun to read the updates of friends I never get to see anymore. If you ever want to visit ours, it's http://bkmorganfamily.blogspot.com

K said...

This summer, he'll be home, right? How weird. I miss Clay, too. He is so funny and — funny. You should miss him - how can you have a comedy team when you're the only comic?

Joellen said...

so good to hear about Clay :) I miss you guys...! Take care and next time I'm in Provo, I'll call you up! i keep missing you- I haven't been down there since I don't know when... can you tell I need a vacation?

Take care!