Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ducks Beat Maple Leafs

I just wanted to take a minute to write about the progress of the Anaheim Ducks. After winning the Stanley Cup last season, the pressure has been on and now we're hoping just to make it to the playoffs.
They got some good off season acquisitions in, Mathieu Schneider and Todd Bertuzzi. Some people have a big problem with Todd Bertuzzi, but as was the case with Chris Pronger. So I have learned to love anyone in a Ducks uniform. I do think that he is a bit overpaid for being a player who hs been prone to injury and doesn't provide as much scoring as Teemu Selanne did the past two seasons (he will never match Teemu, period). 
I am very excited about the rumors circulating that Teemu Selanne is practicing and getting in shape while he ponders his return to the NHL. I can only think to compare his last performance to that of Randy Moss. He is that good. Patriots fans, can you imagine Moss coming off a great year like this one and then pondering retirement until week 10 of the next season? That's what is going on with the Ducks. We should hear in the next two weeks about his plans.
Tonight the Ducks put on a great show. I do not have NHL Center Ice (yet) so I cannot watch the games. I did listen to a good part of it online and I have this wonderful clip provided by anaheimducks.com. I am glad that the Ducks finally capitalized on the power play, something they were not doing well when Scott Niedermayer (last years captain, playoff mvp, and #1 defenseman) had not returned. 
All in all, nice work tonight guys. It's good to see people like Weight, Bochenski, and Bertuzzi light the lamp. Go Ducks! 

1 comments:

Sterling said...

They win 5-0 and I forget to start Jiggy :(