Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"So what exactly do you do all day?"


Yes, that's right. That is the question someone that attends my church (or for you LDS people, my Elder's Quorum President) asked me. This of course was not a rude thing to ask because most people think that my job at Disneyland got cancelled (showing that most people think that my internship was at the park in Anaheim and not at the studio in Burbank).


I explained that I work for about 8-10 different companies here in Utah, all somehow involved in the media/entertainment/production process. Just for clarification, here is what I have been involved with in the past year. Note: This isn't everything, but just a few things. You can always go to my IMDB profile and click on stuff when you are bored too.

Nancy and I decided to start a business in order to organize our finances and employing ourselves easier -- especially with taxes. She thought of the name Post Fifth Pictures. We do mostly Post Production, my first name is Quint which essentially means Fifth. Get how that works? 

Here is a list of other things that people may know something about:
1) I am working basically full time for the next month or two for Kaleidoscope Pictures in Provo, Utah. I am mostly working on Franklin Covey videos, with a few other projects that pop up here and there. 

2) Spring Communications. The guy that jumps the basketball hoop? The girl that pushes her niece out of the swing? The guy who tries to flirt too much in the library? Those Spring Communications (the AT&T retailer) commercials were edited by yours truly for Fifty Films up in SLC.
  
3) Truth about Tobacco. The client was the Utah Department of Health through Love Communications. This was also done at Fifty Films. 

4) Singles 2nd Ward. I was the first assistant editor and did all the titles. Basically what that means is I sat down with the director and made a few tweaks, I prepped the film for the editor(s), got the film off to sound & music, and did a few visual effects. And by the way, I think the film is good and I recommend it to anyone who liked the first one. 

5) Mormon Myths. I am also cutting a documentary about myths that move around in the LDS faith (like about famous mormons and lots of other quirky things). It is a fun piece to work on. 

6) I just started doing the duplication services that my Dad did before. So I do that for DrumsonDemand.com and whatever companies ask for it. 

7) I basically run Hockeyplayer.com. I don't show it off because I am not a web person, but the content is great. I would obviously love to have it be a lot better, so I am looking to get someone web competent in the next few months to make it snazzier.
 

So that isn't everything, but is that good enough to let you know that I am okay? 
From Bryce (this time)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are just trying to show off how much you work. Puxa saco....

Ginna said...

ah hah! So that's what you do all day? I thought you just waited around for me to chat with you....I'm a little bummed out.

Bryce said...

That's my full time job Ginna.

ScottB said...

show off ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Well I didn't know what you did all day, so this is great! By the way, I STILL think Nan is a genius and this confirms it yet again. Good score there Bryce.