Monday, January 21, 2008

My brother, the Victim


Alas, here I am: blogging again. I couldn't resist the temptation to match Bryce's entry about his brother, Clay, on a mission. My brother Brady is also on a mission. He's been out 8.5 months! I really do miss him. It took me 8 months to cry about it, but now my feelings have truly been confessed.

Why is he a Victim, you ask? Well, for those Killers fans out there. I think more than anything else in the world, Brady misses listening to The Killers. (The Victims is the name of their fan club -- a tag that Brady wears proudly.) He has missed one album release, but it was just a B-sides and Rarities. Plus the album artwork was a little strange. But hey, we won't complain when good music is trapped inside the strangely-wrapped jewel case. He is wearing his Hot Fuss shirt in this picture. What a true fan (or something).

I need to mention that Brady is currently serving in the Taipei, Taiwan mission. He is working on his Mandarin, and his third companion, and hey, he's got a while left to go, but I think he is enjoying himself.

So, the story of this entry: Derek was sick last week and we had quite the middle of the night. Derek basically woke up at 1:00 AM and went back to sleep at 5:00 AM. Somehow 4 hours seems rather long at that hour. We contemplated calling our fathers or friend to help with a priesthood blessing, but decided that we could wait until the morning. All of these people would have willingly (or told us they were willing) come to help Derek, of course. But there wasn't really a person who fit the need more than my brother, who was routinely up at 3:00 AM for work. I'll admit, I've always missed him, but that was the first real time I felt a piece of me missing. But I'm glad he is out helping those crazy people in Taiwan while I am home installing bathroom faucets without his help.

(side note: I'v also put furniture together and moved heavy things. These are feats I had yet to conquer until Brady wasn't here and willing to help. I expect a round of applause, if you please.)

6 comments:

Ginna said...

brothers are the best, and there's no time when you miss them more when they're out on the mish! Don't worry, he'll be home before you know it. I'm glad to be introduced though, he looks like fun!

Unknown said...

your brother has an awesome name...other than that Y that is misplaced.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Hey! I believe I helped build furniture with you! How precious. :)

Nancy said...

Angela, you can't tell people that I got help from other people. Just pretend that I am self-sufficient.

Angela said...

Oh, well just so everyone knows, by help I meant I was there when Nan put it together and handed her the hammer. :) She's completely self-sufficient.