Monday, January 7, 2008

Derek's First Christmas

Derek had his first Christmas. That was pretty exciting. He had a fun time. We really think that he understood what was going on. (By the way, Derek's new hobby is to close my laptop while I am typing on it.) We had our own Christmas morning on Christmas Eve. It was nice to have a real morning to enjoy all the presents. Know what I mean?


On actual Christmas morning we got up early and went to my parents (The Randles) and then after 2 hours of opening presents, we hit the Knights house. A lot of you know about our niece, Lilly, and her talent to find countries on the world map. So I got her, as a joke, a shirt with an upside down map on it so that she could have a mobile map. I posted a video to YouTube. Here is an embedded version of her opening the present.

So we had a good time. I got to talk to Clay and Nancy got to talk to her brother Brady. So that was also exciting.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand that the shirt was a joke...but for a kid that is that young she probably thinks it is the coolest gift she had ever gotten.

Bryce said...

She better!

Diane said...

What a darling guy! And what a lucky grandma!

Ginna said...

Great present for Lilly, she's so cute, and that Derek is adorable!
It was fun for us to have our own christmas this year too, but a little sad that we didn't get to visit any grandma's houses, oh well.

K said...

WAY darling girl.